E39 (5-series) M5 PolyPropylene Bumper or ABS
All Bumpers in Full Stock.
Application (Please consult your owner's manual for your application fitment type):
Fits ALL 1997-2003 BMW 5-series (E39)
Product Description (may describe some optional equipment) :
E39 Bumpers are now available in PP or ABS fitment. ABS Bumpers are Primer Gray (bumpers not primered) higher end bumper and better fitting but more fragile. The current low priced bumpers made of PolyPropylene are a great fit but are 99%, the ABS bumpers are 100% fit. One is the value bumper line and works in 99% cases, the other is ABS which works 100% of the time.
Should you choose the more expensive bumper?
1) If your shop doesn't have a lot of "custom" experience, yes
2) If you are shipping directly to the shop and not opening it, yes
3) If you have ANY doubts about fitment, yes.
Should you choose the less expensive bumper?
1) If you are ok with your shop doing a little bit of "extra" work in SOME cases, yes
2) If you are on a budget.
3) If you are in a changing climate - PP will be more durable.
Both bumper types (ABS and PP) come from Triple-AAA ISO9001 Factories. They are both guaranteed free of any defects and are proven to be as resilient as OE bumpers for a fraction of the cost.
What is Polypropylene or PP?
Polypropylene (PP) is a linear hydrocarbon polymer, expressed as CnH2n. PP, like polyethylene (see HDPE, L/LLDPE) and polybutene (PB), is a polyolefin or saturated polymer.
Polypropylene is one of those most versatile polymers available with applications, both as a plastic and as a fiber, in virtually all of the plastics end-use markets.
In the automotive sector PP is utilized as a monomaterial solution for automotive interiors. The monomaterial dashboard is becoming increasingly achievable, PP film cushioning, film skins, and powder slush molding and even blow molded parts with integral PP textile covers are emerging.
Bumpers, cladding, and exterior trim are also available manufactured from polypropylene. Polypropylene developed for such applications provides low coefficient of linear thermal expansion and specific gravity, high chemical resistance and good weatherability, processability and impact/stiffness balance. Improvements with color-at-the-press and pre-colored PP have also reduced or eliminated the need for painting in some applications.
PP does not present stress-cracking problems and offers excellent electrical and chemical resistance at higher temperatures.
Improved Aggressive Look
We now offer paint services for your conveince. There are a lot of benefits to prepainting the bumpers.
The main benefits are:
1) Bumper prepainting is less expensive that where you are located usually.
2) Bumper comes ready to install
3) Bumper paint is PPG/Glasurit quality
4) Extra layers of clear coat is applied to insure safety.
5) We apply factory quality paint 2 X Layers + 3X Layers of clear coat for shipped bumpers and 2X layers of clear coat for pick up bumpers
There are however some key points as a buyer you need to be aware of:
1) Paint match is factory code only, if your car is 12 years old, we recommend you send us a tow cover or paint sample for best quality match.
2) Paint match is not going to be 1000% perfect, it may be a slight shade lighter or darker (not noticeable unless you look for it) and will require 3 weeks to set.
3) Once the bumper is painted, you cannot receive a refund for the bumper if it arrives broken or scratched - we make EVERY effort to package them in a better way, however in some cases, accidents happen.
4) You should buff off the extra protective layer of clear coat, once it's installed.
5) You should consider asking to add insurance to your shipment.
Please call us if you are interested.